As children enter what is usually their first large group situation, they are exposed to sharing, taking turns, respecting the rights and property of others, and a structured environment. Physically, they are introduced to movement games, moving to music as well as fine and gross motor skill activities.
Academically, each child is accepted at his/her own level. Each student is provided with “hands on” learning experiences in the areas of reading readiness, pre-math, artistic expression, and verbal skills. Spiritually, the child is introduced to God who loves and cares for them.
This class seeks to meet the developmental needs of the 4-5 year old. The children are encouraged to progress and feel proud of their accomplishments. Emphasis on social skills continues to be incorporated in the daily schedule. They experience new activities in the areas of reading readiness and pre-math, and many activities that encourage small motor development. Spiritually, the students are exposed to God, who cares for them and shows His love in many ways. The focus of this class is kindergarten readiness.
We are on the Rice Lake District bus route for school-age children.
Kids at First Preschool special events:
- Praise Time: a monthly family gathering where preschoolers sing songs and hear a Bible message.
- Prayer Pals: Connecting students to an adult from the church family who commits to pray for the student.
- Spirit of Christmas project: Shopping & wrapping for a local family in need.
- Pancake Breakfast: Families serving church and childcare families delicious pancakes and fixings.
- Preschool Sunday: Sharing artwork and a power point with the church family.
- Family Service Project: Families plant flowers & deliver to local nursing homes.
Kids At First Preschool admits students of any race, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies and admission policies.
Our Outdoor Classroom
On behalf of the preschool, and church staff; thank you for choosing Kids at First Preschool! We strive for excellence in Christian education and hope this is a wonderful year for you and your family. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-234-7505. Ext. 223 Danelle Anderson, Director